- Complex and challenging payroll role
- Part or full-time hours - make it work for YOU!
- Levin based role with flexibility for remote working
About the Electra Group
Electra Limited is an electricity lines distribution business with its footprint in the Kapiti and Horowhenua regions in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand. Electra is a diverse group of businesses operating in the electricity distribution, development, monitoring and call centre industries.
We are searching for an experienced and talented Accounts and Payroll Administrator to join us on a permanent, part-time or full-time basis!
Monday to Wednesday will be full days, however Thursdays/Fridays can be either one long, or two short days, depending on what your lifestyle calls for. You’ll be working from our head office in Levin with the option to work remotely at times.
Reporting to the Finance and Regulatory Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- End to end payroll processing on a fortnightly basis for approximately 180 staff, waged, salaried and directors
- Utilising your IMS/MYOB payroll expertise to process end to end payroll in a timely and quality focused manner
- Payroll reporting such as leave balances, end of month journals, any discrepancies that must be brought to the managers attention
- Understanding and working within ACC Payroll frameworks
- Applying legislation as it pertains to payroll
- Applying your knowledge of rostering, union and collective agreements and penalty rates/allowances to the payroll as applicable
- Accounts admin as required
The boxes you'll tick
- 2+ years of experience in IMS/MYOB payroll in an end-to-end capacity (or another system will be recognised too!)
- Knowledge of ACC and how it pertains to payroll (Average daily pay etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great time management skills with a deadline driven approach
- The ability to engage with people at all levels and remain calm under pressure
- Sound computer skills across finance packages and the MS Office Suite
You are well organised, process oriented and meticulous with details. We have fantastic people here to support your training and transition into the business, so you’ll welcome their insights and becoming a part of the wider finance team. You have a warm nature, a lovely approachable manner and are keen to get stuck in!
You are a proactive influencer with a passion for payroll and getting the numbers just right. Therefore your communication skills will be second to none, building relationships and solving problems, across our entire group.
- Part-time OR full-time role to suit the business and you personally
- A generous salary
- Fantastic company benefits including health insurance and an envious well-being program
- The chance to work with a fantastic Finance team!