- Integral part of the Finance function at Electra providing leadership of financial reporting, risk, tax, and audit
- Join a growing company and drive performance
- Fantastic, competitive total remuneration package
- Full-time permanent role
Electra Limited is an electricity lines distribution business with its footprint in the Kapiti and Horowhenua regions in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand. Electra is a diverse group of businesses operating in the electricity distribution, development, monitoring and call centre industries.
As a key member of the Finance team you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and assume a key role in the running of the finance function for Electra Group of Companies. You will have primary day to day responsibility for tasks such as:
- Financial reporting to management and the Board
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting programmes of work
- Managing and leading the consolidation of group accounts
- Managing the risk and audit functions
- Managing Insurances for the group
- Overseeing a small team of finance professionals
- Supporting the investment portfolio with insights on performance, opportunities and due diligence
The key result areas that you will lead include:
- Providing sound leadership to the finance team to meet financial objectives
- Ensure credibility of the Finance team by providing timely and accurate insights
- Lead all aspects of financial compliance including audits, tax and reporting. This includes the Statutory Financial Statements for Electra and the companies within the Electra Group.
- Leads risk and compliance functions of the business, leading to sound commercial decision making
- Preparation of consolidated group reports
- Treasury and bank relationship management
You are a qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a senior finance position. You will be highly organised, have superior communication skills (both written & oral), strong relationship management skills and have a high degree of computer literacy. You are a strategic partner and vital to your success will be your stakeholder management across our group of businesses.
You will have solid experience coming from a big 4 corporate in audit/BAS, or have earned your stripes in a larger organisation, leading the financial accounting function. We are not concerned with industry experience, however experience in group consolidations, audit and technical accounting environments would be helpful. You will need to know MS Dynamics Business Central, or a similar ERP system, as this is a key piece of technology that drives the group.
In return for your experience, skills and highly desirable attributes, you’ll be rewarded with a generous base salary and company benefits. Whilst we’d prefer this role was based in our geographical network (Horowhenua-Kapiti), people looking at a remote role who are willing to travel on a regular basis, with the right skills, may be considered.
For a confidential discussion, please phone Stephanie Richardson on 021 202 2809.