- Join a local, growing business in the electricity distribution sector
- Safety is our #1 priority!
- Role with competitive hourly rate
We are Electra Limited, a dynamic, forward-thinking, and innovative local company, part of a vibrant community in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions of New Zealand. We have been servicing our customers and the community for nearly 100 years. We believe the key to our success is our people, the community support we receive, our product innovation and diversification into new industries. The Electra Group consists of Electra Ltd, and Electra Services (trading as Securely).
Electra is committed to living our values of Safety, Respect, Professional, Accountability and Integrity. We continually strive for excellence in everything that we do.
We are on the hunt for a qualified live line mechanic to join our team, based at our depot in Paraparaumu, however, maintaining the entire Electra network on a permanent full-time basis will be your priority. Your knowledge and experience in operating equipment and machinery as well as knowledge of the electricity Act and regulations will see you as a front runner for this position.
You will be undertaking the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground power supplies up to and including 33kV, now’s your chance to join us!
What you need:
- NZ Registered Line Mechanic Level 4 qualification
- NZ Registered Live Line Mechanic Level 5 qualification
- Full Class one and two licence
- A passion for health and safety and keeping yourself and your team safe
- Three years’ experience within the electricity industry, working with distribution equipment
- High level of personal fitness – ability to lift bulky equipment (up to 30kg)
You have great communication skills, are able to talk to people from different areas of a project to ensure continuity and that deadlines are met, and are able to solve problems, all whilst performing your job to a high standard, with an excellent health and safety record.
What do we offer you?
This role has a competitive salary commensurate to skills and expertise, a generous well-being package plus career and professional development, investment in training and your safety, plus a great bunch of people to work with. What more could you want?