- Commercial Accountant role in an Electricity Distribution Business
- 12 month fixed-term role covering Parental leave
- A dynamic role with plenty of scope for growth and learning
- Flexible working arrangements – Levin based but with WFH options across the region
We are Electra, a dynamic, forward-thinking, and innovative local business, with a focus on decarbonisation and sustainability. We are part of a vibrant community in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions of New Zealand. We’ve been servicing our customers and the community for almost 100 years and believe the key to our success is our people, the community support we receive, our product innovation and diversification into new industries.
We are committed to living our values of Safety, Respect, Professional, Accountability and Integrity. We continually strive for excellence in everything that we do.
The Commercial Accountant role exists to ensure quality information, in relation to all regulatory and financial aspects of our Electricity Distribution Business are met, upheld and maintained in accordance with best practice.
- Manage the Capital Work in Progress general ledger
- Maintain, review, monitor and report expenditure versus budget, identifying variances and providing analysis
- Be heavily involved with the preparation of budgets, forecasts and monthly management reporting including trend analysis and commentary for decision-making purposes
- Assist to ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met including supporting the audit process, financial statement preparation and Information Disclosure requirements in line with best practice
- Always be on the lookout for continuous improvement opportunities across systems and business process
- Be the primary manager of the fixed assets register
- Live and breathe Electra’s values
You will partner with key stakeholders in the business, making yourself visible, available and approachable, when it comes to providing reporting, regulatory advice, analysis and key metric calculations to make sound commercial decisions.
Your Excel skills are exemplary, we’d expect you to have a commerce degree from a recognised Tertiary Institute, are working towards or already hold your CA/CIMA or CPA qualification and have substantial commercial accounting expertise.
Ideally, your experience would come from within the electricity sector, whether it be distribution or retail, or the telecommunications space. Alternatively, it may be from a large accounting firm, where you specialised in highly regulated advisory services, as a subject matter expert, however, is NOT essential.
You describe yourself as a well-organised self-starter, who pays close attention to detail and makes informed, data-driven decisions whilst working to strict deadlines.
You are consistently focused on process improvement and productivity. You enjoy working in a highly regulated commercial environment where all the small points make a difference. You possess a unique ability to mesh commercial reality with technical accounting to achieve the desired outcome.
With a fantastic salary on offer, flexible working arrangements, and an amazing well-being emphasis, plus career and professional development at your fingertips, there’s never been a better time to join us than now!