- Yours and our community’s safety is our top priority
- Role with competitive salary
- Paraparaumu based with overtime on offer
- Join a local, growing business in the electricity sector
We are Electra Limited, a dynamic, forward-thinking, and innovative local business, part of a vibrant community in the Horowhenua and Kapiti regions of New Zealand. We’ve been servicing our customers and the community for more than 90 years and believe the key to our success is our people, the community support we receive, our product innovation and diversification into new industries. The Electra Group consists of Electra Ltd, and Electra Services (trading as Securely).
Electra is committed to living our values of Safety, Respect, Professional, Accountability and Integrity. We continually strive for excellence in everything that we do.
We are on the hunt for a Qualified Cable Jointer to join our team, based at our depot in Paraparaumu, however maintaining the entire Electra network on a permanent full-time basis will be your priority.
We are a close-knit and supportive team that helps each other out, no matter what! So if you’re a team player and up for the challenge, such as climbing poles and helping our Line Mechanics when you’re not as busy (as they would you), now’s your chance to join us!
You are fully qualified with substantial experience in your trade, as you undertake:
- The joining and terminating of low voltage and high voltage cables up to 33KV, including managing shutdowns for both
- Installing and maintaining electrical power distribution equipment
- Utilising your knowledge and experience to plan jobs, to ensure generation requirements are implemented as required
- Carrying out of network routine inspections, fault finding and service/repairs on overhead installations, underground cables and testing of instruments.
- Undertaking substation, transformers and switchgear maintenance, repairs, and installations
You have great communication skills, are able to talk to people from different areas of a project to ensure continuity and that deadlines are met, and are able to solve problems, all whilst performing your job to a high standard, with an excellent health and safety record.
What's on offer?
We offer a competitive hourly rate, a generous well-being package plus career and professional development, investment in training and your safety, plus a great bunch of people to work with. What more could you want?